Villages OKC members receive a variety of benefits to help them actively age at home. Explore our membership benefits to learn more about our senior living services and amenities:
• We are connected by one number to call for any service we need.
• Villages help build a pool of services, both volunteer and available paid vendors. Together we develop trusted resources for most activities that may become hard for Villagers to perform.
• We believe the more we know, the better we age.
• We plan regular seminars and workshops for our village members – for example, technology assistance for phone/computer/tablet/TV; information on Medicare supplements; Oklahoma gardening, and more.
Watching Out for One Another
• We foster friendship and guard against loneliness. We know and trust one another, and share a common purpose to age gracefully.
• We have regular meet-ups – Village coffee hour; a monthly potluck; trips to the museum or theatre; among other informal activities. Some even participate in a health-check buddy system where needed.
Calling the Shots
• We are self-governed by a member board, with regular Village business meetings where members vote for services and programs.
• We endorse planning for aging and end-of-life.
Who We Are
• We are an Oklahoma not-for-profit corporation with tax exempt status pending, established by a group of volunteer neighbors, with a vision of cooperative Villages across the Oklahoma City metro area.
• VillagesOKC is the first spoke Village within the Oklahoma City hub and spoke model. There will be multiple Villages across the metro area. We share knowledge and resources, still allowing a Village to develop its own organization.