As the hub for virtual Villages across the metro Oklahoma City community, we enable "neighbors" who want to age in-place to care for one another with spirit and dignity.
Our vision is multiple Villages where:
* Area "neighbors" come together to support each other
* Aging-in-place is a viable option instead of institutional living
* Trusted volunteers or vendors are on the job after one-call for help
* Loneliness is met with genuine caring
* Life-long learning is a regular feature of life
* Individual Villages call the shots through self-governed boards and relationships to the hub VillagesOKC
Villages embrace bringing services to people rather than moving people to services. The first Village began more than a decade ago when a few aging friends and neighbors joined forces to create a way for them to "age at home" and remain independent as long as possible. There are now nearly 300 Villages nationwide.