Villages OKC members receive a variety of benefits to help them actively age at home. Explore our membership benefits to learn more about our senior living services and amenities:
• We are connected by one number to call for any service we need.
• Villages help build a pool of services, both volunteer and available paid vendors. Together we develop trusted resources for most activities that may become hard for Villagers to perform.
• We believe the more we know, the better we age.
• We plan regular seminars and workshops for our village members – for example, technology assistance for phone/computer/tablet/TV; information on Medicare supplements; Oklahoma gardening, and more.
Watching Out for One Another
• We foster friendship and guard against loneliness. We know and trust one another, and share a common purpose to age gracefully.
• We have regular meet-ups – Village coffee hour; a monthly potluck; trips to the museum or theatre; among other informal activities. Some even participate in a health-check buddy system where needed.
Calling the Shots
• We are self-governed by a member board, with regular Village business meetings where members vote for services and programs.
• We endorse planning for aging and end-of-life.
Who We Are
• We are an Oklahoma not-for-profit corporation with tax exempt status pending, established by a group of volunteer neighbors, with a vision of cooperative Villages across the Oklahoma City metro area.
• VillagesOKC Northwest is the first spoke Village within the Oklahoma City hub and spoke model. There will be multiple Villages across the metro area. We share knowledge and resources, still allowing a Village to develop its own organization.